Please note: This is not a support forum; please talk to us over on Discord for support; Discord Invite - https://discord.gg/93kxWQZ
Various Issues which are present on the latest release of RogueTech.
The #Known-Issues channel on Discord takes any, and all precedence over this list.
IMPORTANT! To help we need the launcher's log when bugs happen on our Discord Server
- 1 Pre-Install and Launcher
- 1.1 My game runs like a snail on ice
- 1.2 Launcher Fails to Update
- 1.3 Game fails to launch roguetech on a first start or a updated setting
- 1.4 Launcher has issues with updating or launching if there are multiple copies of RTLauncher kicking around, especially older installs.
- 1.5 (Linux) RogueTech for linux requires some extra steps
- 1.6 My save is broken after patching!
- 1.7 Virus Detection
- 1.8 Do not use older steam overlay
- 1.9 Galaxy at War
- 1.10 CAB or other installation failed
- 2 Intended and Disabled Features
- 3 Issues with a manual fix
- 3.1 SimGame
- 3.1.1 Not being able to hire pilots/pilots don't appear in barracks after hiring
- 3.1.2 Cannot deploy during first contract
- 3.1.3 Randomly occurring duplicated defaults or default/fixed equipment making mech invalid
- 3.1.4 Clicking deploy button does nothing
- 3.1.5 Mechbay won't open in career
- 3.1.6 Soft-lock after mission completion / Game screen only shows background
- 3.1.7 Pilots stats/abilities are broken
- 3.1.8 Strip Equipment in MechLab prevents installing specialist equipment
- 3.1.9 Disappearing units
- 3.1.10 Vehicle/Tank/VTOL in Mechbay
- 3.2 CombatGame
- 3.2.1 Stuck Mechs on deployment
- 3.2.2 Purple/pink Mech models, purple/pink ECM bubbles
- 3.2.3 (Linux/Mac) Purple artillery explosions, purple fires
- 3.2.4 Withdrawing seems busted
- 3.2.5 Weapon panel sometimes doesn't appear when selecting a mech
- 3.2.6 After selecting attack (or moving and being forced into attack) valid targets does not update when changing fire modes (Direct/Indirect/etc.)
- 3.2.7 Manually activated/toggled equipment button not available in combat
- 3.2.8 Buildings collapsing as destroyed when not fully destroyed
- 3.1 SimGame
- 4 Issues with no known fix
- 4.1 Memory (RAM) usage is high
- 4.2 Sim Game
- 4.2.1 May crash/lock when alt-tabbing during ModTek load
- 4.2.2 Mission Control takes a long time
- 4.2.3 Some variant weapons have a name ending in (Deprecated).
- 4.2.4 Travel contract does a bait and switch sometimes
- 4.2.5 Loot display for Reward Crates shows junk in 'Rare'
- 4.2.6 Enemy Factions List does not list all the enemies
- 4.2.7 "Max Armor" button in Refit screen applies too much/too little armor
- 4.2.8 Underweight vehicles are known
- 4.3 Combat Game
- 4.3.1 Pilot portraits staying blue after using sensor lock
- 4.3.2 Flashpoints are not dropping second lance
- 4.3.3 AMS laser animation sometimes doesn't go away
- 4.3.4 Overheat+Knockdown at the same time can cause softlock when done to a player mech
- 4.3.5 Floatie/Combat log damage numbers are incorrect when target has resistance buffs/debuffs in play
- 4.3.6 Torso Mount Cockpit doesn't stop headshots from dealing pilot injuries
- 4.3.7 Base armor/structure in paperdoll does not reflect additional armor
- 4.3.8 Vehicles with no Turret location can appear to take structure damage when still have armor
- 4.3.9 On some Base Destroy missions it may look like your kills don't count toward objectives
- 4.3.10 Mechs on same hex untargetable
- 4.3.11 non-base destroy related objectives failing to update
- 5 Issues we need logs for
- 6 Fixes in progress
- 6.1 Many Model Issues
- 6.2 Sim Game
- 6.3 CombatGame
- 6.3.1 Not being able to sprint at start of combat
- 6.3.2 Urban 'effects' buildings, such as transformer stations, also damage the unit that blew up the building, regardless of distance.
- 6.3.3 SRMs loaded into MMLs are being allowed to fire indirectly
- 6.3.4 Percentages displayed in weapon panel when previewing move orders are not completely accurate, as they do not take into account auras.
- 6.3.5 Knockdowns/Overheating can cause Zombie mechs that are dead, but do not count towards mission completion
- 6.3.6 Floatie/Combat log damage numbers are incorrect when target has resistance buffs/debuffs in play
- 6.3.7 Mechs that shutdown lose in-engine heatsinks and never regain them even after restart
- 6.3.8 Weapons disabled in UI after melee attack
- 6.3.9 Large mech parts
Pre-Install and Launcher
My game runs like a snail on ice
Launcher Fails to Update
Restart your computer first. Game sometimes does not close properly and Windows locks DLLs as in-use. If it still fails, see below:
Couple of reasons:
- If it fails at downloading
- You lost connection with the download server (GitHub): Get off wireless, do your best to ensure a stable connection.
- File/Folder permissions: Ensure the two folders listed have 'Full Access' given to the user 'Everyone'
- File/Folder permissions: Can also be because of Anti-[Virus/Malware/Spyware] - including Windows Defender/Security: Setup exceptions for your Workspace Cache and your BattleTech folder (the two folder paths shown in the launcher)
- If it fails at installing
- Files are being locked by Windows Process: Restart your machine, try again.
- Cache is corrupt as hell: delete your cache and redownload/install from scratch. (Don't hesitate to submit a ticket - this one is hard to determine)
Game fails to launch roguetech on a first start or a updated setting
Restart the launcher, hit update again and launch again Being investigated why some files fail to install
Launcher has issues with updating or launching if there are multiple copies of RTLauncher kicking around, especially older installs.
Delete all previous copies of RTLauncher and caches
(Linux) RogueTech for linux requires some extra steps
Outlined on the wiki install guide
My save is broken after patching!
Unless it was announced, it hasn't broken. Likely, there's a missing module from when RogueLauncher blew away your configuration due to a mod patch. Keep a screenshot or log of your settings handy.
Do not use older steam overlay
Crashes due to Vanilla
Galaxy at War
GaW is a deprecated feature, we've left in for old save compatibility. Expect this feature to be removed in future versions. Use WarTechIIC.
GaW is unsupported currently, as GaW developer burned out. Please do not report any bugs with contract generation/system ownership in offline mode, we cant fix them.
You can fix most of this issues by flipping "ResetMap": to true in GalaxyAtWar/mod.json. Disable safelaunch, start game, advance time, save, close, revert ResetMap back to false
CAB or other installation failed
Please ensure you're running the launcher from outside the default Windows Desktop or Downloads folder. Windows does weird things to these folders and we don't know why Windows does this, other than "because Windows".
Intended and Disabled Features
Permanently Disabled - issues with RAM/GameState in vanilla code.
VTOLs can move off map
Mechbay doesn't work for Vehicles
That's why it's called a MECHbay. Actually, no one has managed to figure out how to code MechBay to work for tonks.
Blackout does not allow Manual Deploy
This is intended to preserve mission integrity
Issues with a manual fix
If you are on the latest update, run these fixes, and the issue persists, gather logs and make a ticket.
Not being able to hire pilots/pilots don't appear in barracks after hiring
Save and reload before hiring to fix
Cannot deploy during first contract
Save and reload to fix
Randomly occurring duplicated defaults or default/fixed equipment making mech invalid
Store and ready the mech to fix.
Remove warnings on your mechs. Yes, even the underweight one. Yes, even if you deployed a 1000 times with it.
Mechbay won't open in career
Restart your game.
Soft-lock after mission completion / Game screen only shows background
Salvage screen broken from restarting mission. How many times you can safely restart varies between computers, anywhere from never to non-issue. Restart the game.
Pilots stats/abilities are broken
Do not touch pilots stats while they are fatigued or injured. If you did, retrain pilot (Shift+Click on Skills tab in Barracks) to get skills working again.
Strip Equipment in MechLab prevents installing specialist equipment
Manually replace specialist equipment before stripping to avoid issues, or confirm out after the strip and go back in to restore the specialist slots.
Revert to earlier save and do not assemble new units from parts and ready from storage at the same time.
Vehicle/Tank/VTOL in Mechbay
If a vehicle appears in your mechbay, store and ready to move it to vehicle bay
Stuck Mechs on deployment
Use Manual Deployment and pick an open, flat spot.
Purple/pink Mech models, purple/pink ECM bubbles
Shaders failed to initialize, happens randomly, try waiting before pressing begin combat after mission loads
(Linux/Mac) Purple artillery explosions, purple fires
Shaders fail to link, select "Old Fire" in the installer
Withdrawing seems busted
You can always leave by getting to the evac zone no matter what Sumire says
Weapon panel sometimes doesn't appear when selecting a mech
Pressing escape to Deselect and trying again a couple times generally fixes it.
After selecting attack (or moving and being forced into attack) valid targets does not update when changing fire modes (Direct/Indirect/etc.)
Deselect attack by clicking anything else (i.e. attack ground), then select attack again. This forces the game to re-evaluate valid targets.
If you are in 16x10 resolution, try changing to 16x9 and restarting the game.
If the above fix does not work:
- Delete your RT cache (NOT! CABCache)
- Delete Battletech/Mods folder
- Reinstall RT
Buildings collapsing as destroyed when not fully destroyed
Use tab to target them. Remnant of another fixed bug, fixed once solution presents itself
Issues with no known fix
Memory (RAM) usage is high
Vanilla code issue, leaks like a sieve. Do not try to run game for hours on end, or else expect crashes.
May crash/lock when alt-tabbing during ModTek load
Likely caused by loss of focus suspending operations. Borderless Windowed mode might help with this.
Mission Control takes a long time
Can sometimes take its time to find a drop spot when randomized spawns are enabled
Some variant weapons have a name ending in (Deprecated).
This is only a bug if you see them in salvage after a mission. Any you have still work. We're changing the way we handle weapon variants. The deprecated ones are being phased out of future versions.
Travel contract does a bait and switch sometimes
No clue why it happens and logs say nothing.
Loot display for Reward Crates shows junk in 'Rare'
The Rare reward still shows up in the list. No idea why it does this.
Enemy Factions List does not list all the enemies
Seriously: Everyone hates everyone. End of story. That list isn't actually moddable.
Vanilla coding issue. No known fix. Just know that everyone hates everyone. Especially Darius, he really hates himself.
Caused by equipping a type of armor that modifies armor weight. The game uses the default weight-per-point when deciding how much armor to add, and no one has figured how to change that.
Underweight vehicles are known
They are correct, the game just doesn't understand TT rules
All careers started between mid January (184.108.40.206) and 220.127.116.11 will experience problems on online map with priority missions not generating and results not posting when in a direct jump vicinity of certain star system (with non-ascii names).
Pilot portraits staying blue after using sensor lock
Flashpoints are not dropping second lance
Flashpoints are not affected by Mission Control
AMS laser animation sometimes doesn't go away
We are sending in ComStar security to arrest it for indecent AMS laser exposure.
Overheat+Knockdown at the same time can cause softlock when done to a player mech
Floatie/Combat log damage numbers are incorrect when target has resistance buffs/debuffs in play
Torso Mount Cockpit doesn't stop headshots from dealing pilot injuries
Game engine limitation.
Base armor/structure in paperdoll does not reflect additional armor
Buffs to armor/structure numbers (i.e. Hardened) does not update the base armor value properly on the paperdoll. Current number is accurate and will still decrease normally.
Vehicles with no Turret location can appear to take structure damage when still have armor
This is a visual glitch only.
On some Base Destroy missions it may look like your kills don't count toward objectives
They actually do and objectives will update after you get close to the base and trigger enemy reinforcements. Wander around inside and outside the base to find the reinforcement trigger, it's there somewhere. TIP: If you remember the vanilla map default spawn location, the trigger location is usually between that and the base.
Mechs on same hex untargetable
Mech that falls as a result of minefield explosions could end at the same hex as other mech and become untargetable, cant be fixed unfortunately, use AOE weapons to kill it\
Some contracts have objective triggers tied to enemy shooting at you, most notable ambush lance in Simple Battle. If you kill the entire lance without letting them shoot at you, mission will not complete. Notice that allies are not "you". Avoid killing entire lances you dont have objectives for.
Flashpoint fail lock
You can't fail story missions flashpoints, game will lock. Reload till you succeed
Manual deploy softlock
When using Manual Deploy, it is recommended to reserve fist time you get control on first round, otherwise there is a chance of softlock
Issues we need logs for
None! We've fixed what we can!
Fixes in progress
Many Model Issues
The modellers are focusing on reducing placeholders and new mechs. Fixing bugs is low priority.
Selling Salvage during the salvage screen may lockup the next salvage screen
Shift-Clicking salvage to sell may cause lockup. Rare, but possible.
Not being able to sprint at start of combat
It's being investigated.
Urban 'effects' buildings, such as transformer stations, also damage the unit that blew up the building, regardless of distance.
SRMs loaded into MMLs are being allowed to fire indirectly
Percentages displayed in weapon panel when previewing move orders are not completely accurate, as they do not take into account auras.
A fix is in the works.
Knockdowns/Overheating can cause Zombie mechs that are dead, but do not count towards mission completion
fixes are in the works.
Floatie/Combat log damage numbers are incorrect when target has resistance buffs/debuffs in play
Mechs that shutdown lose in-engine heatsinks and never regain them even after restart
Weapons disabled in UI after melee attack
After performing melee attack weapons that were disabled by that attack will show as disabled until next melee. They will still fire, bug is UI only.
Large mech parts
Hoplite and Hitotsume parts become large when blown off