This page provides overview of mech bay in RogueTech.
During mission you will get various salvage including mech parts. Assembling mechs in RogueTech is a little bit different from the original game where you always needed the partial mech salvage of the same variant to assemble a mech, i.e. 3 out of 3 pieces of TDR-5S. In RogueTech you are more flexible with the assembly:
- Assemble for free if you have all the parts from the same variant, i.e. 5 out of 5 pieces of TDR-5S
- Assemble for an additional cost if you have different variants of the same mech, i.e. 3 out of 5 pieces of TDR-5S and 2 pieces of TDR-5SS. The cost will depend on parts value, but usually is within couple of tens thousands of C-Bills.
- Assemble for a high additional cost if you assembling a mech combining parts of "Elite" variants with ordinary parts or parts of other "Elite" variants, i.e. 3 out of 5 pieces of TDR-E5 (Eris) and 2 out of 5 pieces of TDR-5S. The cost will range from several hundred thousands to several millions C-bills per part.
- Omni-mechs can be assembled from parts of different variants without any additional cost.
- Special Mech variants (excluding OmniMechs) require 50% or more of total parts to assemble. This includes: Elite, Primitive
- The display in the lower right will display the chances of recovering the mech's equipment when you rebuild it, based on your total MechTech. It rolls first for each location ("limb repair"), then for each item there to see if you get the item ("item recovered"), then whether the item is fixed or needs repair ("item repair").
In RogueTech the mechs and partial mech salvage are in different colors. Below is the explanation for all the color codes.
Mech colors reflect whether the salvage is ready for assembly.
|Grey||Partial mech salvage
Cannot be assembled
|Yellow||Partial mech salvage
Can be assembled from different variants
|Green||Full mech salvage
Ready to be assembled
Can be readied on request
Background colors reflect mech weight class, and also if this is an "Elite" mech.
It can be assembled from other variants at an increased cost